23 January 2008

I had a job interview!

Today, I had an interview for a real, full-time job that would give me health benefits, vacation and sick days. So please, dear readers, keep your fingers crossed for me.

I have now successfully broken both arms off my glasses, and a plan with proper optical coverage would be pretty darn awesome.

On the flip side, I have of course been thinking and worrying about what would happen if I got the job. It would mean giving up on the chance to work for the CBC during an election. And, I applied for a fabulous internship, where I would get paid (minimally) for a year at Macleans as an entry-level writer. Of course, it's very competitive, and it would be hard to give up on a real job for the possibility of an internship that I won't hear back about until April 1. But, if secured, it would be amazing.

Anyway, all these concerns are putting the cart before the horse, so to speak, as I only spoke with the interviewers a few hours ago. They were all very nice, and I think the interview went well. But, I should probably stop wrecking my worry less resolution and just cool my heels, and my concerns, until such problems actually approach reality.

No comments: