03 June 2007

And I'm here...

I landed in Ontario on Wednesday, but quickly fled the big smoke. Tonight, I'm back with a new cell phone number and a very heavy suitcase, ready (I hope) to start work in the morning! In my four hours in Toronto so far I've gone shoe shopping--hello nine west--quickly browsed the mall, and helped the friend I'm staying with buy a hamster. Then we spent the next hour working like idiots to get the cage together. They say the cage is easy to assemble and child friendly. I think they lied. However, the little fellow does seem to be doing alright now, and his cage has neither collapsed nor stabbed him.

Tomorrow, work and the apartment hunt begin. Tonight, after that cage, my biggest challenge is merely to sift through my suitcase until I find what I need for tomorrow morning.

No comments: